Here are a few of our more common delivery questions. We've tried to answer them as clearly and simply as possible, however please don't hesitate to call or email us if you have any questions, or check out our terms and conditions for some more detailed legal information.
Is delivery free?
How long will it take to get my item?
- YES, we usually include the cost of delivery into the price of each item, so there are NO ADDITIONAL CHARGES to you FOR MOST PRODUCTS to MOST AREAS. However, there are a few exceptions*, specifically with with low value SUNDRY ITEMS such as paint, preservative, security padlocks, small accessories etc, as their delivery costs can easily be much higher than our profit margin. There may also be a surcharge for bulky items going to remote areas or islands, as couriers and haulage companies always charge more for these locations due to the extra fuel they use. Any surcharge information will be shown on the product page, and we will let you know before ordering if there are any charges to your area. These surcharges help to keep the overall cost of each item to a bare minimum, allowing us to pass the savings on to you.
What happens on the delivery day?
- The current average delivery time for your item is listed on the product page, and this is always checked to give you the latest information, however these aren't guaranteed times so they should only be used as a guide. We will always arrange for your goods to be delivered at the earliest opportunity.
What if something goes wrong?
- Sundry items are normally delivered to your door by courier, however most bulky items are delivered roadside only, so it is your responsibility to move the product through your property. The delivery drivers we use are normally very accommodating though, and if possible, will try and move the product to a convenient place such as a driveway, however this will be at their sole discretion. Please think about the item you are purchasing, and make sure that you can get it to where it needs to go, as large panels generally can't go through a standard doorway or garden arch. We will require a signature on delivery unless you have arranged for the item to be left, although you will be responsible for the safety of your item at this point.
What if I change my mind?
- Things aren't always perfect and very occasionally things can go wrong, but we always do our best to get things sorted. Firstly, check for transit damage before signing, or at least within a day of receiving them, that way we'll have a claim against the delivery company if they have lost or damaged something. You should call us straight away on 01875 613090 to let us know. Large sheds and summerhouses normally come in kit form, so if a part is wrong or missing when you come to build it, just let us know within 14 days and we'll send you the correct part.
- It's no problem if you feel that the item you ordered isn't for you. You can cancel your order as long as it hasn't been dispatched, or if you have received your item and you no longer want to keep it, then you can arrange for it to be returned with 14 days. You'll need to arrange the return transport yourself though, or we can do it for you if you prefer, but if we do, the return costs will be deducted from your refund. You should be aware that the return costs can be substantial (especially if it's a large or bulky item), so always try and order the correct product. These return charges will also apply for refused deliveries. Please email us if you wish to cancel, or you can use this standard cancellation form if you prefer.
Important Note: You can't cancel your order and we can't accept any returns if you have ordered a bespoke item and production has started, or if it's being delivered to you direct from overseas (e.g. Biohort, Grosfillex, May, Finlandic, Palmako or Lugarde) and is already in transit, so please make sure that you research your product fully before ordering. If you refuse delivery of a bespoke item or an overseas delivery, you will be liable for the additional ongoing storage costs of the item, as well as the cost of re-delivery to your address. Please check carefully before ordering your product, that way there will be no unnecessary expense for you or for us... remember we are always happy to help if you need any information before pushing that button. We recommend that you read and understand our terms and conditions before ordering.
To avoid storage costs and unnecessary transport costs to-and-from our premises, most* bulky items we sell are delivered to you direct by the manufacturer at no additional charge to you. This means that we can reduce our costs by ensuring that valuable storage space isn't taken up with bulky stock items whilst keeping the carbon footprint of each item is as low as possible. These savings are passed directly on to you, and you can also rest assured knowing that your item has been newly manufactured (and isn't old warehoused stock).