Some timber products will not have been pre-treated with a timber preservative, so to protect against rot you should apply a base coat of Wood Preserver. Protek Clear Wood Preserver is a pre-treatment to protect against wood boring insects as well as wood destroying and wood discolouring fungi/rot.
Protek Clear Wood Preserver PLUS is effective against blue stain according to EN152 and against decay fungus (brown rot fungi) according to EN113, EN73 & EN84.
It is moisture regulating and provides an adhesive surface making it a great primer preparation that can easily be over painted or stained with Protek Wood Protector or Royal Exterior. It penetrates wood easily and thereby gets deep into inner layers. Suitable for use on all outside wood that is not in direct contact to soil or surface water. Not for indoor use.
• Timber buildings such as log cabins, summer houses & sheds
• Windows (inner & outer parts)
• Exterior doors (inner & outer parts)
• Car ports
• Balcony railings
• Cut ends
• Great eco credentials – based on renewable resource technology
• Effective against blue stain and brown rot fungi - EN152, EN113, EN73 & EN84
• Protects against wood boring insects
• Clear water-based pre-treatment
• Penetrates deeply
• Low VOC
• Excellent coverage at 6m2 per litre
• Apply by synthetic brush
• Easy water clean up
Coverage: 1 Litre will cover 8m² per coat
Advice: 2-3 coats are recommended depending on wood species and surface characteristics. Please read Health & Safety guidance or product labelling for full instructions on application and use.